Valentine’s Day is recognized and celebrated by approximately 54 percent of Americans. According to the National Retail Federation U.S. Consumers will spend nearly 19.6 billion on Valentine’s Day ($143.56 per person) on gifts, candy, cards, an evening out, flowers and jewelry.
But what if one of your New Year’s Resolutions is to “go out” less and/or spend less in 2019? You can still recognize and celebrate Valentine’s Day with Loved Ones and Friends without breaking the bank.
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate Valentine’s Day at HOME with friends and loved ones:
If you’re in a relationship:
- Camp out on the living room floor. Set up the air mattress, roast marshmallows in the fireplace and have a picnic dinner on the floor. (If you have kids, they will love this). Incorporate a movie night together with Netflix or a Redbox rental.
- Make lists together: Write down your lifelong bucket list and think big, as if money were no option. Make a list of wants in your dream home and draw a blueprint of what it looks like. Write a gratitude list together.
If you’re single:
- Invite friends over to make dinner together. Choose a menu and purchase the ingredients ahead of time then have fun cooking and eating together. Afterwards, have a game night playing cards or board games.
- Turn your living room into the dance room. Move all the furniture out of the way, make a playlist and boogie down. Do you know someone with a Karaoke machine? Take turns singing your favorites or if not, what about a lip sync battle?
If you’re home with kids:
- Lay out an Ice Cream Bar for dessert after dinner. After each person makes their sundaes, top them off with red hearts, chocolate kisses, and valentine’s day inspired sprinkles.
- Make your own Cards or love notes for your family members. Have each family member write down something they love about each person participating and read them out loud.
Lastly, you could make the evening not about you at all. Make something to leave on a neighbor’s porch or choose somewhere you can volunteer in your community.
If you DO want to purchase a treat for someone but you’re not sure what to gift, everyone has a need to clean their clothing.
Our gift certificates are the perfect solution!
Stop into any of our locations and pick one up in the amount you specify!