Here’s how to nix the smell of urine*.
- Soak up with a paper towel by blotting (Just like with spill on clothing – Don’t Rub!).
- Mix 1 cup water and 1/8 tsp. dish soap.
- Blot with a dishcloth, working toward the center.
- To remove soap, mix 1 Tbsp. white vinegar in 1 cup water; Dab
- Blot with paper towels.
- Wipe up with your normal tile cleanser.
- If the tile is glaze, that’s it!
- If the tile isn’t glazed or the liquid has spread to the grout, use grout cleanser.
- Then, to remove odor, make a thick paste with water and baking soda.
- Rub in, let set until dry and wipe up.
- If it has a sealant, use paper towels to absorb urine.
- Clean with your normal floor cleanser.
- If the urine has soaked in and odor lingers, use an enzyme-based pet-odor remover (sold at pet stores).
If you’ve tried the carpet method on your area rugs and the smell isn’t going away, we can help. Our area rug cleaning can include urine removal, sanitizing, deodorizing and protectant. If you have any questions regarding our area rug cleaning, please contact us.