Between family camping trips and school camps this time of year, we’re guessing your sleeping bags are getting a lot of use. And a lot of washing!
Here’s the best way to wash your sleeping bags in a top loading washing machine:
- First, check the care instructions before cleaning. Many sleeping bags contain down or fiber filling and they will have specific instructions on how best to wash.
- Wash sleeping bags separately on a gentle cycle.
- Add detergent to the washer and let it fill partially with warm water. Then, submerge the sleeping bag in the water to expel air. Allow the washer to finish filling.
- Periodically stop the washer, open the lid, and press air from the sleeping bag to help ensure good cleaning.
- Tumble dry at regular temperatures.
- You may try adding a clean tennis ball (or dryer balls) to the dryer to fluff up the filling.
If you find the sleeping bag to be too bulky for a home washing machine, you may bring it to us for professional cleaning.
We hope you’re enjoying your summer! Happy camping!