Are you constantly going back over the same wrinkle in your favorite pair of pants for the 1,000th time? If so, you may need a new iron. But an iron is an iron, right? Nope. Here are some tips on how to choose one that is right for you.
- Consider your budget. Irons are one of those products in which you do, usually, get what you pay for. So don’t be afraid to splurge if you are ironing daily.
- Bigger equals better, or at least easier. Irons with more weight do a little of the work for you. Plus the bigger the plate, the quicker the job.
- Watch the wattage. You want have to around 1,400 Watts for effective steam cleaning.
- Safety first. Try to get an iron with automatic shut-off if not used for a certain amount of time.
- Dry vs. Steam. Some people may be able to get away with a dry iron. But keep in mind that steam irons can do both; dry irons are limited.
- Shine on. The shinier the surface of the plate, the easier the iron will glide over fabrics. The more matte finishes will grip surfaces. One is not better, it is just a matter of preference.
- Check the front and back. The front needs to be pointy enough to slip in between buttons and the back should have a pivotal cord for your convenience.
Now you are ready to tackle that pesky wrinkle that just won’t budge. But don’t forget! Your neighborhood Classic Cleaners can take care of all your laundering and pressing needs. And now through Nov. 26 you can get 5 shirts cleaned for the price of 4.