Can you believe the big day is just a month away? Does it seem like just yesterday you got engaged – or have you been counting down the days? Well, the time has come and now you need to tie up loose ends and finalize all the wedding day particulars so you can spend the last few weeks at peace.
Here’s the final check points Real Simple recommends you tackle when your wedding day is just a month away:
- Enter RSVPs into your guest list data base and phone people who have not yet responded. You could delegate this to a member of the wedding party. I’m sure anyone would love to help you at this point!
- Get your marriage license. Check with your state on the length of the wait and give yourself some leeway. If you are changing your name, order several copies.
- If you haven’t yet, mail the rehearsal dinner invitations. If the person hosting the dinner has been in charge all along, you can still politely ask if the invitations have gone out yet.
- Make an appointment for your last dress fitting. Or, If you think your body may change even in these last few weeks, you may want to schedule another fitting the week of your wedding just in case. You can always cancel the appointment if the dress fits perfectly the week of your wedding.
- Send out as many final payments as you can. It will feel good to get that off your plate, leaving room to focus on your honeymoon.
- CONFIRM, CONFIRM, CONFIRM!! Call or email all your vendors including hair & makeup, transportation, DJ, etc. You can never have too much communication with critical wedding day participants.
- After RSVPs are confirmed, plan your table seatings if you’re doing assigned seating. Real Simple recommends you draw out table shapes on a layout of the room. Write the names of female guests on pink sticky notes and the names of male guests on blue sticky notes so you can move people about without re-sketching the entire setting.
- Purchase bridesmaids’/groomsmen gifts if you are giving them and write your vows if you are writing your own.
- Need a final hair cut or thinking about changing the color? Do it now so you have a few weeks to get used to it. Avoid an Oops or a regret by not waiting until the last minute!