Now that we’re in September, the weather starts to get a little tricky. One week it’s warm and sunny and the next week it could be 30 degrees cooler. To prepare for cooler temps, now is a good time to get out your leather clothing & boots and give them the once over. Here are some of our tips on how to care for your leather items.
- If leather clothing gets wet, let it air-dry at room temperature. If a garment has a liquid stain, gently blot with a clean cloth.
- Store leather on wide wooden or plastic or padded hangers, as that will maintain the garment’s shape.
- Do not store leather in hot or damp areas. The environment must be controlled for temperature and humidity.
- Do not cover stored leather in plastic – instead, use a breathable cloth like a cotton sheet.
- Don’t allow leather to be exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
Bring in your leather items, including jackets, purses, boots, luggage, briefcases, UGGs® and other garments.
We’ll carefully inspect the condition of your leather garments to determine the safest and most effective way to clean them, then use our system of carefully balanced detergents and solvents to make sure their natural oils are retained during the cleaning process. After cleaning, we reshape the garment to give it a natural fit, and if needed we dye it with a specially mixed blend of colors to give it a balanced, natural look.
So get those boots and jackets out of the closet, and if they don’t look their best, bring them to one of Classic Cleaners locations or leave them for your route driver if you are part of our FREE pick up and delivery service to both home and office. We’ll have your leather items ready in time for you to wear as soon as the temperature starts to drop this fall.