Summer is here and as it heats up, it’s nice to know that dressing up a pair of shorts for evening is no new trend. We wouldn’t recommend shorts for a dressy, black tie event but dressed up shorts are definitely appropriate for many most summer evening activities such as a mixer, a cocktail reception, evening concert, art exhibit, date night, etc.
Here’s how to wear shorts for evening events this summer:
- Wear a length you find most comfortable and avoid overly casual fabrics like denim and chino for evening.
- Keep the fit of the shorts on the more relaxed side to keep the polished feeling of the look in tact.
- Try a dressed up pair of silky shorts with a complementary colored blazer or a pair of shorts and a jacket in matching colors and similar fabrics.
- Loose shorts are a romantic universally flattering option, and work well if skin tight isn’t your thing.
- If you’re short, cropped shorts that go under the knee will only make you look shorter and if you’re tall, avoid wearing ultra-short shorts that show too much leg. Shorts hitting your midway will be the most flattering.
- If you’re curvy, try slim-fitted dark Bermuda shorts with a longer inseam and a higher rise in the back. Add a heel for extra height and to elongate your silhouette.
- Tailor your shorts for to get the perfect cut. We believe any woman, regardless of her age, can wear shorts, if they are custom fit. It avoids the problem of looking messy or exposing too much.
What evening occasions would you feel comfortable wearing shorts? What items do feel would make a good pairing with shorts for evening?