“Spotters vs. Toughies” might have been the title of Classic Cleaners’ latest film. The challenge – a white wedding dress with a big red wine stain. The goal: demonstrate the Classic Cleaners expertise in stain removal.
The profession of dry cleaning has challenges. Some common “toughies” are:
- “Toughie” trimmings: beads, sequins, vinyl, feathers, fur, mesh
- “Toughie” fabrics: leather, suede, wool with spandex, cottons with silk
- “Toughie” stains: mustard, ink, caramelized sugar, oxidized oils
- “Toughie” reds – red garments, beet stains, and…wine stains!
When the going gets tough, Classic Cleaners gets going, and, as you can see from the before-and-after photos, the score was 1-0 in favor of the spotters.
Savvy post-“game” commentators on the Spotters vs. Toughies might have mentioned several points:
- Classic Cleaners spotters knew the stain was from red wine. The toughest stains are often those the customer forgot about; the dry cleaner needs to solve the “mystery” before deciding how to treat the stain!
- The stain was recent. The sooner a stain can be treated, the better the chances for success in removing it without damaging the fabric.